Contents of the chapter
Metals and nonmetals are very important part of today's life. Metals were discovered about 5000 years ago. Human civilization get advancement after the discovery of metals and subsequently nonmetals.
In today's life everything around us is made up of metals or nonmetals. For example, air is necessary for our life also contain non-metal oxygen which is the most important for us. Similarly major part of the air is made up of Nitrogen which is also a non-metal.In our house there are lot of utensils which are made up of metals.
Thus it is very important to study about the metals and nonmetals.
In this course we will study about
- Elements and their classification in metals nonmetals and metalloids.
- Physical properties of metals and nonmetals
- Chemical properties of metals and nonmetals
- Uses of metals and nonmetals
Apart from it we also study
- About atom and its structure.
- Various theories regarding atom.
- Periodic table
- Electronic structure of atoms of different elements
- knowledge boosters on different topics.